Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Speaking of "dangerous technical choice[s]"
> "We experienced it ourselves, somehow: in the first day of launch of
> Devuan our donation page was obscured as "scam" for almost 24h on
> certain platforms (reported both by Chrome and Firefox users). I have no
> idea yes how that is implemented or can be deactivated, yet it is an
> impressive control exercised by a centralized cluster of companies and
> likely it implies code included inside browsers."

I think what you refer to is a feature of "Google Safe Browsing" present in
both FF and Chrome.

You probably never heard of it before because there is almost nothing
written about it: https://www.google.com/tools/firefox/safebrowsing/

If you are in the habit of 'wiresharking' or 'tcpdumping' you don't need me
to tell you that
your browser check every URL you visit with Safe Browsing's servers before
fetching.

sometimes it takes a while to load a page for no reason, and IMO "Safe
Browsing" is an egregious privacy violation.

Thanks for the reply Jaromil,