:: Re: [Dng] 4chan's /g/ says you're n…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gregory Smith
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Rudy Lorren
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] 4chan's /g/ says you're never going to make it / amount to anything.
And in all this Linus Trovalds doesn't give a DAMN. He endorsed
systemd at debconf '14: saying he uses it, what's the problem? "It's
won right?" Then he claimed he doesn't know anything about userspace.

It feels like linux is covered in mud now. It's unstable (the kernel)
often too...
Random processes running in the background multiply and multiply every
new release (and then pull in dependancies so your old stuff that used
to work now requires a daemon). Everytime something in userspace is
completed, they go and rewrite it.

(What's wrong with kde1.x? gnome 1.x and gnome 2.x? Why don't these
"exist" anymore. Why can we never get to use stable software, we're
always pushed to the next newest thing (new thing, same name)) (Note:
I use a different, very minimal WM)

And linus doesn't give a fk.
Linux is crap now. It's golden age is behind it. I just don't
understand why working software is abandoned by every single distro
and we must use non-working software instead. Why not keep gnome 1
around and kicking. All other old unix WMs get updated maybe once in
10 years, if ever: once they are feature complete and stablethey're
done. They don't get replaced and thrown out.

Linux signed went downhill once they got rid of the stable branch.