:: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Aldemir Akpinar
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] I want systemd

> Agree with you on all points, except, perhaps, "ill-will towards it's
> developers."
>
> Given their intent to remake Linux in their image:
> http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html
>
> their everyone else be damned attitude:
> "Also note that at that point we intend to move udev onto kdbus as
> transport, and get rid of the userspace-to-userspace netlink-based tranport
> udev used so far. Unless the systemd-haters prepare another kdbus userspace
> until then this will effectively also mean that we will not support
> non-systemd systems with udev anymore starting at that point. Gentoo folks,
> this is your wakeup call."
> (Lennart Poettering, http://lists.freedesktop.org/
> archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019657.html)
>
> and their general propensity for breaking things, leading to reactions
> from no less than Linus Torvalds:
> "Key, I'm f*cking tired of the fact that you don't fix problems in the
> code *you* write, so that the kernel then has to work around the
> problems you cause.
> Greg - just for your information, I will *not* be merging any code
> from Kay into the kernel until this constant pattern is fixed."
> (http://lkml.iu.edu//hypermail/linux/kernel/1404.0/01331.html)
>
> Maybe just a little ill-will toward it's developers is well deserved, as a
> response to their ill-will toward the rest of us.
>
> Miles Fidelman

Miles has lots valid points here, and don't forget there will be a time
where one has to choose between systemd or something else. Many
distributions saw that, and chose systemd. And I don't think anyone can
deny that, that point in time isn't far away. So why bother wasting our
time and effort on systemd?

If anyone wants to maintain systemd on devuan without breaking anything
(and has the sanity) he/she is more than welcome, but it is a vain effort.
Please try to see this.
--
aldemir