:: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be san…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Isaac Dunham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be sane and keep to the path you have chosen.
Just to illustrate how tied into systemd things are:
I just noticed that bsdutils (Essential: yes) pre-depends on libsystemd;
this is for the sake of logger.
To get rid of libsystemd, you need to rebuild logger without that--but
that might well screw up the systemd journal for those who use systemd...

Right now, Devuan is more-or-less an extra repo that hasn't really gotten
started and configuration to not install systemd.
Right now, "enabling systemd" with Devuan consists of deleting that
configuration, thereby reverting to Debian.
I don't think it makes sense to talk about "supporting systemd in Devuan"
as even an option until Devuan provides something besides a way to not
pulll in systemd dependencies.

When/if we do get there, using systemd as much more than an expensive
alternative to sysvinit that bundles its own implementions of several
services would require reversing that, thereby defeating half the
purpose.
So I'd think that the only sensible approach to supporting systemd
on Devuan is running a hybrid that uses Devuan and Debian repos,
with apt-pinning to make the integration as tight or loose as desired.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham