:: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be san…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Miles Fidelman
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] No systemd: Please be sane and keep to the path you have chosen.
Franco Lanza wrote:
> I would really that this bullshit against systemd-nosystemd will stop.
> anyway:
>
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 03:45:57AM +0000, Gregory Smith wrote:
>> If you keep systemd then there is no point to this project.
> False.
> We are NOT against systemd. we are against HOW systemd is hijacking
> the system, and against it forced to all by default.
>
> Devuan will NOT force anyone to use it, and will keep the system usable
> without systemd.
>
> But this isn't meaning that if someone like to eat shit we must force it
> to not to eat it.
>
>> """
>> As already known, we are NOT against systemd. We are pro-freedom.
>> Systemd WILL BE supported in devuan. Just not in the same manner as it
>> is in debian where it eat whole system.
>> """
> I confirm this.
> Our intention is to offer a distro where you can be totally systemd
> free.
> But there is NO point in deny it if someone want to use it, assuming
> this don't destroy the rest of the choices.

Aye, but that's the rub. The systemd developers are doing everything
they can to force systemd on the rest of us - by gobbling up
functionality into a monolithic hairball, and creating lots of dependencies.

It sure looks like allowing it anywhere is almost a guarantee that it
will engulf and devour everywhere.

I could be wrong, but it sure looks to me like it will require very
strong pushback to the upstream "systemd cabal" (their term, not mine)
to radically change the direction they seem to be committed to.
Otherwise, it seems like

"a distro where you can be totally systemd free"
and
"if someone want to use it, assuming this don't destroy the rest of the
choices"

are fundamentally incompatible.

At the very least, what say we achieve the first, BEFORE, putting any
energy into the second.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra