:: [Dng] Graphical identy, logo, etc.
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jordan Roy
A: dng
Assumpte: [Dng] Graphical identy, logo, etc.
Hello,

As for a really quick presentation, I am mostly an end user, with
graphical design skills and experience, wich cares about freedom of
choice, and Unix philosophy.

I wish to help Devuan.

For the project image, I think that before looking into a logo, we
should first determine the objectives that the image of the organisation
should seek.

I myself would like to propose that the image of Devuan should project
freedom and professionalism.

Freedom: Freedom to choose the software the user want
Profesionnalism: Devuan (temp. name) is a repectable project, and a
perfectly viable alternative to mature distros like Debian

Color theory says that some colors are more suited than other to convey
values and symbols.

See these pages for a quick reference:

http://www.artyfactory.com/color_theory/color_theory_2.htm
http://focusdesigner.com/web-design/color-theory-for-web-design/
http://gainfinancialfreedom.org/color-theory-emotion-reference

I myself would suggest a green dominant leaning towards blueish, as it
conveys ideas freedom and growth for the greenish, and calm for the blueish.

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel/?base=2&rule=Monochromatic&selected=3&name=My%20Color%20Theme&mode=rgb&rgbvalues=0,0.5,0.2371944965327657,0.30000000000000004,1,0.6320722951458719,0,1,0.4743889930655314,0.15000000000000002,0.5,0.31603614757293597,0,0.8,0.37951119445242515&swatchOrder=0,1,2,3,4

As for the symbols of the logo, I think it should also convey a clear
idea of freedom, and professionalism, as should the font. It really does
not have to be complex, or elaborate. In fact, less is more. It should
remain as simple as possible.

Something like an arrow pointing upward, symbolising the power of the
user as the driving force of the organisation, the bazzar instead of the
downward arrow, the cathedral.

Please consider this as a starting point for a discussion. I did not put
any thinking in those ideas.

What I want is to start a solid conversation in regard to the
distribution image, not impose my ideas.

I am willing to work in anything related to graphics design for Devuan.
Is there a graphics comitee? Anyone is presently taking the lead in this
area?

Regards,

Jordan