:: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
Top Pagina
Auteur: Roger Leigh
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 05:31:10PM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 11/30/2014 05:03 PM, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > doesn't imply any ill will
>
> not, that is not accurate nor useful. Ill-will towards it is the point.

I'll have to disagree, and quite strongly.

I don't like a number of things about systemd: it's design, it's lack of
formal specifications for several components, its implementation or the
attitude of some of its maintainers. I don't hate it. There are even
some selected aspects of its design and implementation that I do like.
But I don't want to use it. But I'll emphasise that I don't hate it.

To make a poor analogy: I like using vim and emacs for editing code.
I don't like gedit. But I don't hate gedit. I simply choose not to
install it or use it. I have no ill will towards it or its developers.

The reason why I want to make this clear, plain and simple is that this
attitude is not constructive. It focusses negatively and emotionally
upon others, and not positively on the goals we need to achieve to make
a system which we want to use. We need to keep this list focussed on
the specifics of what we need to do to make a jessie release using
sysvinit by default. Ill will and hatred simply don't have a place
here. If this is all you have to offer, I suggest you unsubscribe,
otherwise I suggest you contribute productively, or not at all.

Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux    http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/