:: Re: [Dng] Anyone run abi-dumper on …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matteo Panella
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Anyone run abi-dumper on Debian libudev?
On 30/11/2014 22:30, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Isn't the stripped one that would generally be used though when it comes
> to the ABI? Unless I'm missing the intent here?

You're right: at first I thought that -flto (unconditionally set by
systemd's configure.ac when built with -O1 or higher) trampled over the
DWARF sections during the build since I was unable to get an ABI dump
using libudev1 and systemd-dbg, but after your message I ran eu-readelf
-w /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1.5.0 and got all DWARF info nicely
decoded.

I strongly suspect there's a bug lurking in abi-dumper, so disregard the
results I posted earlier.

> Apologies if all the above is already common knowledge; I just thought
> it might be useful to mention there existence if it wasn't.

I hope that pbuilder et al. are common knowledge for people on this
list, otherwise they would have to hand over their "Debian aficionado"
card ;-)

Kind regards,
--
Matteo Panella