Til: dng
Emne: [Dng] Diversity ? (hellekin@dyne.org) - It can be found at the current Debian page.
Supporting (systemd) in any form while forking seems like a lost cause.
Why support it at all ? Its too much work. The fork itself will put an
end
to (systemd) in very short order.

Systemd is the wrong way down a one way street of sorts. Freedom is
straight
ahead and Sytemd made a left at the light.

(Systemd) is not here to stay.  Linux users of the future will have
Linux
distributions void of such a thing.    Its like "Unity" .   It pretty
much
killed of "Ubuntu".      At one point they were rising to the top of the
distro
charts.  Unity did them in for sure.

Users fled to MINT. I saw this happening... Now Mint is at huge risk
of
being dragged down the (systemd) dirt road. I am not anti (systemd).

Quite the contrary. It is what will separate a true Linux distro from
junkware
going forward. It was stated by :(<hellekin@???>) that A foul
word
(F##K) Purity - in favor of diversity was what would make devUan a
success.

I disagree, and I do so without foul language. The implication from
reading the
comment was that systemd should in someway be supported. I strongly
disagree.
Systemd is very bad, and we should be happy about forking from it.

The future will show that systemd was a failed attempt to take control
of Linux.
This is my opinion, but systemd will destroy the distros that take part
in it.
This fork is a testament to that in a way.

If users here want systemd then that is fine... Simply visit Debian, or
Red Hat
and start your download. I don't think support for it is a good way to
start the
fork. Systemd should only exist on a Government server... After all.,,,
Its their baby..

Diversity ? Do you mean support support both...?

If that is the intent I suggest it is a great error.  Systemd is what
will make us
great.  It does this even now...    But support it...  Not on my
machine !

Cheers...