著者: Jaromil
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] I want systemd [Fwd: [modular-debian] udev: the failed experiment]
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Seems rather relevant

thanks, its a nice read.

I remember the times I also had to switch out of devfs when making
dynebolic 2: it was rather terrible, as terrible is to create and parse
the udev configurations today. Proposing devfs might be a bit extreme
now, but I would contemplate it on the long term. And in general sharing
code with BSD application space is a good idea I believe: they still
have a lot of good code and in general are well competent developers.

I particularly like these final points made:

- Strip DEs of incompatible bits,
- propose a new IPC model from among known solutions

(very interesting the quote of Erlang actor model. Yes Erlang sounds
exoteric, but there are a lot of very smart innovations there)

- Set a lofty goal like making copy and paste work in the Linux desktop

(this is so, so true. this is so embarassingly true)

- Dream the impossible.

'our objective is the wake. our enemy is the sleep without dreams'
- crash