:: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: hellekin
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
On 11/30/2014 01:14 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> The problem is that systemd isn't "just an init system"

*** I just posted similar concerns to the GNU-Linux-Libre mailing-list,
that should appear shortly in the archive ("Is systemd long-term
compatible with software freedom?") [0]

I suggest working in unison with the GNU/Parabola/Linux-Libre team, a
100% free distro based on Arch, thus using systemd. The reason for this
is their careful attention to detail when it comes to software freedom.
For example, they maintain a list of free emulators that require
hardware running non-free drivers, and the like. If systemd is to turn
an evil zombie--it's only bitten at this point--then they will act
accordingly, whether by stripping it from its evil parts, or by
replacing it entirely if the former becomes impossible.

==
hk

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2014-11/index.html

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/