:: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Miles Fidelman
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] I want systemd
Franco Lanza wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 12:54:23PM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:
>> Do not look at me so fiercy.
>>
>> For me Devuan is about freedom. Specifically users' freedom. And with init
>> freedom as a starting point.
>>
> As already known, we are NOT against systemd. We are pro-freedom.
> Systemd WILL BE supported in devuan. Just not in the same manner as it
> is in debian where it eat whole system.

That seems like a rather dangerous technical choice, in that systemd
(or, more precisely, its developers) seem hell-bent on engulfing more
and more functionality into systemd, and related code - to the extent of
writing publicly about their goals to radically change, engulf, and
devour Linux as we know it (that's only a mild exaggeration - I suggest
folks actually read Lennart Poettering's blog, at
http://0pointer.net/blog/).

Between its monolithic nature, changing API's (making things like
systemd-shim a time-sink to maintain), and radical divergence from
traditional Unix design philosophy, supporting systemd in Devuan might
be a very dangerous choice. You know, the whole "camel's nose under the
tent...." thing.

Mile Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra