Til: dng
Emne: [Dng] I want systemd
Do not look at me so fiercy.

For me Devuan is about freedom. Specifically users' freedom. And with init
freedom as a starting point.

What does that mean? Since we care about init freedom, we will start by
creating a systemd-free sysvinit distro base.

Does that mean we will reject systemd? Of course NO. We care about users' (and
sysadmins') freedom. And if a user wants systemd for his computer running
Devuan we should NOT say no. We should provide it as one more of a variety of
interchangeable init systems.

If we reject systemd we are being hypocrits.

This has nothing to do with how we start: removing systemd completely from
Devuan and creating a systemd-free system is our first and most important goal.
Just don't let the goal hide the long-term objective: users' freedom.

If we are truly VUA we need Devuan to adapt to servers' needs. Rock stability,
backwards compatibilty, good security support.

But since we want freedom for all users out there we need more than that. We
need easily installable packages and updates. We need automatic network
configuration for laptops. We need systems to be manageable almost without
command line for some users. And to do all of that without compromising server
needs.

Maybe this is more than two cents, but it is my view of how we should do it.
As per your freedom, feel free to disagree. As per users' freedom, this is how
I think we should do it anyway.

Regards

Noel
er Envite