:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Direct websockets …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: caedes
A: Amir Taaki, libbitcoin
Assumpte: Re: [Libbitcoin] Direct websockets server
On 07/11/14 01:23, Amir Taaki wrote:
> I don't mind that, the benefit though to direct native websockets
> integration is less copying and re-serialising which is more efficient.
> The intermediate step isn't necessary when we have the libbitcoin API
> directly.
>
> The Python gateway right now is very crappy since it's essentially
> single-threaded blocking translator (in Python). It stops working often.
> Something direct and integrated (in C++) would be more efficient and stable.

its unstable due of crappy implementation (maybe how we use it no idea)
of zmq not due to python itself. actually with a bit of love we would
have in no time a sound libbitcoin rest/websocket api.

a python process can easily manage the amount of data we process right
now, as well as the needed stability, the threads are not an issue here
since blocking is done out of thread so we can manage 1000s light threads.

imo you're messing up issues and misdirecting responsibility and that
does no good to the general development process, anyways, i'm not saying
integrated websocket wouldn't be welcome but bad analysis is bad
analysis... python-obelisk is buggy and that needs to be solved and it's
not going away because we would have ws since python-obelisk would still
want to use zmq.

cheers!