著者: Ruben Safir
To: Jaromil
CC: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] [META] Trolls away!
On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 11:07:55AM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

> On 30 November 2014 09:01:31 CET, Ruben Safir <ruben@???> wrote:
> >On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 10:19:21PM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> >> Do we have any mechanism to stop trolling on this list?
> >
> >It looks like a good procmail filter will be needed to work with this
>
> traditionally we do not have any means of moderation at dyne.org, because of Foucaultian principles lets say. But then we have rather small groups (400/500 subscribers average per list) if compared to what this list may become.

What does that mean? Because if it means that this list is going to
endlessly rant about differing views of freedom, the religious meaning
of debian, et al.... then this will not the venue to get such a project
off the ground.

ALSO if this list is to driven to create an 'agnostic' init
distributionm that can be swapped out freely, that is problably not even
technically feasable and is a a waste of time. There are a truckload of
issues just between BSD type init system to SySV to whatever is being
passed for that in todays distros. Package mainmence becomes very
difficult.

If the list is to focus on a supported distribution that doesn't include
systemd, and purhaps removing much of the surrounding ecosystem, THAT,
in of itself is a huge undertaking that is likely doable.

If the romantasism is overwhelming progress and we end up stuffed with
conspiracy theories, then this list will not be a venue for the needed
change.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com