:: Re: [Dng] The day will come.
Página Principal
Autor: mutek
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] The day will come.
On domenica 30 novembre 2014 08:34:53 CEST, Waschbüsch Martin wrote:
>> Am 30.11.2014 um 08:15 schrieb hellekin <hellekin@???>:
>>
>> On 11/30/2014 02:11 AM, Keith wrote:
>
> Agreed. While I do not want systemd on my servers, I respect people who
> do choose it. I may not understand their choice, but hey, I do not have
> to, right?
> How could we honestly say that we want to retain freedom of choice
> w/r to init systems, if we add 'as long as it is not systemd'? We'd be
> hypocrites.
> Plain and simple.

totally agreed
the point here is: "choice"
this will imply a lot of energy but in this world freedom it's not free

now I would like to ask to myself:
Do we have to make a list of assets that we would like to "neutralize"?
At the moment the "init" system is a #1 of the rank, but what about the
kernel?
Is it, the kernel, in a position of true pure monopoly? (a part the
kFreeBSD object)
i.e. I don't care about GNOME vs MATE because I use .xinitrc with openbox
so thanks to Debian tools I can customize (means "choice") as I need, but I
care about Xorg vs Wayland...and counting