:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: eudev (Was: usef…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Miles Fidelman
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: eudev (Was: useful blog post)
chris wrote:

> If you're specifically NOT using systemd why would you want systemd-udev ?
> ( or for that matter anything systemd-* )
>
> On Gentoo I use eudev and everything compiles happily, looking at the
> source tree for eudev it seems to have its own version of libudev
> (https://github.com/gentoo/eudev/tree/master/src/libudev) - unless I'm
> missing something whats the problem with using eudev ?

Maybe a silly thought, but...

The main distinguishing feature of Debian is its tool chain (apt, in
particular). Maybe the most direct route forward is to start with the
Gentoo repositories and auto-generate .deb binary packages from the
source ports - yielding a complete, systemd-free, apt-packaged distro.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra