著者: Amir Taaki
To: libbitcoin
題目: Re: [Libbitcoin] git flow, versioning, roadmap details
We could have version branches, the reason I haven't been merging to
master is that it takes work and I'm breaking things a lot now.
Ideally once we reach the stage of a release, we'll release a bunch of
sync'ed tarballs for people who want to build.
My priority (as upstream developer) is lack of friction for working,
more bureaucracy = more overhead and less work. That means I usually put
off these things more than I should rather than constantly merging my
work downstream and doing iterative testing (I'm not saying that proudly).
I'm in favour of making a hard break and hard deprecating all old
products with the new releases of our software distribution.