:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Anoncoin aim to have…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: odinn
À: unsystem
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Anoncoin aim to have Zerocoin on their test-net by October 15th
Vertcoin has had a stealth implementation as part of it for a while,
which is good.

But (as an advocate of anonymity) I don't see the allure of zerocoin.
It seems to come with a host of problems, which it is hoped that the
zerocash project will ameliorate.

As I've commented before, NXTcash offers zerocoin integration, but
does not provide anonymity:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20141031.012126.1133cf37.en.html

In addition, Anoncoin (which I have strong hopes for in its future,
but which I won't use at the present), has some shortcomings which I
think are correctible. (Some of the problems Anoncoin has are not
because of Anoncoin developers at all actually, but rather are due to
the limitations of zerocoin itself, but it does have some development
issues too - a big one being the multiple accumulator issue).
Some issues:
- -A single accumulator (n*x) is more secure than multiple small (n x
bit) accumulators presently relied upon in Anoncoin,

- - zerocoin proofs are heavy (> 45 kb),
& in zerocash a tx can be under 1 kb,

- - At present, there are 13 3840 bit accumulators in Anoncoin with
zerocoin implementation, increasing potential attack surface. The
limit from zerocoin seems to be where a(i) is increased beyond 3840,
Zerocoin itself gets in your way with an approximate 20% hazard of
problems.

- - Possibility exists for mod n cryptanalysis issues to arise where bit
length = critical bit value

The "lightness" of what will soon emerge from zerocash, and its more
provably secure angle, makes me think that zerocash upon its release
will be setting a standard that others should meet or exceed, IMHO.

Matthew Holt wrote:
> It looks like Anoncoin Zercoin final release has been delayed by
> another three months yet again. ZeroVert
> <https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846471.0> was released
> yesterday that claims to offer Zerocoin and merge-mines with
> Vertcoin. With the intention to eventually merge into a Vertcoin
> sidechain. Although currently the wallet is closed source for now.
> And in their BTT OP they're throwing around some of the names of
> the original Vertcoin development team, but I'm yet to read of any
> confirmation from them on the matter.
>
> On 29 September 2014 14:35, Caleb James DeLisle
> <calebjamesdelisle@???
>> wrote:
>
>> If paranoid people can lead to better development of cool math,
>> I'm all for it. Of course I don't think anonymity has any real
>> future, afterall how can I elect you if I don't know your name,
>> but that's just me... /hippy
>>

>> On 09/29/2014 02:57 PM, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>>> If you are all really serious about anonymity, and not actually
>>> employed
>> by
>>> intelligence agencies, then there needs to be a lot more
>>> political
>> activism
>>> and **people running for office**.
>>>

>> http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-military-probing-digital-currencies-terror-fight-n212371

Focusing on the cryptography is like studying the cracks in the pavement

.

>> in
>> understood
>> which