:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Direct websockets …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Eric Voskuil
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: William Swanson, Amir Taaki
Kopio: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Aihe: Re: [Libbitcoin] Direct websockets server
Yes, gotta provide web-friendly protocol and serializations!

We can easily layer web sockets over ZMQ. That gets us into the browser.
websocketpp sounds good, but I haven't looked closely.

The next question is wire protocol. Using a client-side js lib the
protobuf messages can be made accessible. ProtoBuf.js looks good there,
but again haven't looked closely.

We also have the option to map the wire protocol on the server to JSON,
between websockets and ZMQ. This is also relatively straightforward -
see pb2json.

The harder part is getting the server up under the new/privacy protocol
(libbitticoin-protocol). However that task is under way.

In the mean time someone could take this up over obelisk
(current/updated protocol). That just means leaving out the protobuf
step, which means manually mapping the ZMQ messages to JSON behind
websocketpp. Seems like a good path for the DarkWallet folks.