:: Re: [unSYSTEM] David Graeber articl…
Top Pagina
Auteur: odinn
Aan: unsystem
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] David Graeber article about Kurdish anarchists in Kobani fighting ISIS
Hey Amir,

Thanks for the articles ~ I read them with interest.

I have mixed views about Graeber's statements in the Guardian article,
for example. It's good he's calling attention to the issues, but it
seems as though there's kind of this warmongering aspect to his
statements, and a sort of implicit celebration of statism as he calls
upon historical memory of the Spanish Civil War. I am very skeptical
of war (having seen more than enough of it in my travels) though it's
obvious that people need to make decisions about what to do seriously
when it is coming to their doorstep and make adequate preparations to
fight back fascism, oppression, and directly resist genocidal actors.

(Reflection: If cryptoanarchy could be made easier, then maybe there
would be less funding for large-scale genocidal actors to begin with,
so.. DW, Zerocash... part of a larger solution, IMHO.)

Curiously, a MSM article I came across seems to step back a bit from
the warmongering postures and actually seemed to advocate avoidance of
massively organized violence as a solution (which I found encouraging
to read). relevant quote follows:

"this is not primarily a war between the United States and radical
Islam. It is a war within Islam itself for the soul of the faith(...)
This is not an American government battle."
"Thirteen years after 9/11, it's time America wakes up. This is not
our war. Let's stop fighting it. Ahmad al-Shayea tells us no less."

(( quoted from:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/opinion/ballen-better-way-to-fight-isis/index.html
))

(The author of that CNN article is a founder of
'Terror-free-tomorrow,' and he wrote a book called 'Terrorists in Love.'
http://terroristsinlove.com/author.html

:-)

Respect,

Odinn

Amir Taaki wrote:
> there are 2 kurdish forces in north iraq- one which wants to setup
> a classic centralised state and the other affiliated with the
> syrians.
>
> http://new-middle-east.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/ypg-and-pkk-forcesthe-unsung-heroes-of.html
>

> On 11/01/2014 04:50 AM, Amir Taaki wrote:
>> http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/08/why-world-ignoring-revolutionary-kurds-syria-isis

and interview with american fighting there: