:: [unSYSTEM] Falkvinge: I don't want …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Paul Buitink
Aan: unsystem
Onderwerp: [unSYSTEM] Falkvinge: I don't want to stand here in 20 years, saying Bitcoin was once legal
Hi all,

20 Sep I organized a conference in Holland about the future of money.
About 350 Dutchies/Flemish showed up. Rick Falkvinge was one of the
speakers. He says he doesn't want to stand here in 20 years, saying
Bitcoin was once legal. Sums up the lessons we can learn from the
printing press, file sharing industry:

1) Don’t accept their authority over your trade
2) You owe legacy finance nothing
3) Counter the public narrative
4) Look credible
5) Assert Analog Equivalent Rights

Presentation includes 13 minutes of Q&A including a question asked at
31:44 to Teunis Brosens, an ING banker who spoke before Rick. Teunis
admits Bitcoin is a potential competitor to banks and he does see a
future for crypto-currencies.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LRRA1tBIS8

Thanks for all your insights guys. I learn a lot from you.

In April I will organise this event again and will probably get to 500
or so attendees.

Amir, like last time, you're cordially invited to speak!

Cheers,

--
Paul Buitink
paulbuitink@???