:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Reappropriating our …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Bezdomny
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] Reappropriating our stigmatizing Dark labels
This is a case of "semantic shift"

In linguistics this is when the word stays the same but, over time, meaning
behind word changes dramatically. Example: in medieval times the word
"silly" meant "blessed".
After a few centuries it came to mean someone who is touched or connected
to heavens, later it came to mean unintelligent and insignificant.
Since we're living in "singularity" (rap news, 2014), centuries pass in
seconds linguistically and so the meaning of "dark" is changing right
before our eyes!
Dark will perhaps come to mean freedom or liberty in a few centuries, (or
seconds).