:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Reappropriating our …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: caedes
Dátum:
Címzett: System undo crew
Tárgy: Re: [unSYSTEM] Reappropriating our stigmatizing Dark labels
On 25/09/14 02:47, Nicolas Mendoza wrote:
> Probably the use of the "Dark" label is beyond the point of no return
> already, but my concern is that the word is rather innacurate. Please
> illuminate me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that these are
> privacy tools first and foremost. In that sense, probably a better
> label than 'dark' would have been 'opaque', with the added benefit
> that it does not carry the connotations of 'evil' that 'dark'
> undeniably has.

After watching one of Cody's talk recently I understand we work on
several levels, but the narrative here is more powerful against "the
system" on the symbolic level as the "go dark" scenario. As one of the
greatest nightmares of "the system".

For us this is not the most powerful narrative, as we need to build and
rebuild, but we can have the symbolic power of their nightmare in the
hear of our next dreams.

The beauty is we still control this narrative, and it's open source as
well, so it can be evolved into different tools/dreams, as well as into
a different vision. Definitely, the set of tools give us a lot of what
we need: encryption and decentralization. About the narratives it is
difficult but there is something going on where different visions are
getting interleaved, contrasted, remixed, and we're building on. And the
narrators don't yet understand each other.

We are creating the seed, but you still need to see the flower :-P Let
there be dark! XD