:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ecuador Digital Curr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Josh Walker
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ecuador Digital Currency
Of course not, and I doubt he meant to. The point I'd make: Good can come
of bad motives. Bad can occur despite wonderful intentions.

When examining a past event, I do not believe motives are relevant. Motives
only matter in the present.

An intelligent man with a preponderance of evidence suggesting "good"
motives is trustworthy—which really just means you needn't watch him all
the time. This is desirable because we are limited in time, and in eyes.

A fool with good intentions may not be safer than one with bad. And he may
even be more dangerous than a smart man with bad intentions. It all depends
on the scope of the intentions.

Point is, motives matter, but only as data for estimating future actions.
What's done is done. Whatever motivated him to help Assange doesn't matter.
It could have been altruism. More likely an "enemy of my enemy" situation,
which he thought it was tactically useful.

But either way, overall, he seems untrustworthy to me. One "good" outcome
does not redeem the pattern. I am reminded of the defense's refrain in the
Bundy case, I think — yes, I've googled "serial killer saves", and beyond
the House episode, this is a useful result to illustrate my point.

http://listverse.com/2014/06/23/10-serial-killers-who-did-the-last-thing-youd-expect/

People are not black and white. None of us is either, and we are wise to
always bear that in mind. Real life is not so kind as to give us Disney
hero/villain archetypes.

—J