:: Re: [unSYSTEM] circle and others pu…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Justus Ranvier
Aan: unsystem
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] circle and others pushing for change to "governance model of bitcoin"?
On 07/24/2014 03:57 PM, Wladimir wrote:
> What the hell do the developers have to do with legislation?

Some developers are paid from an organization that is also lobbying.

As long as there is a single group of individuals, working on a single
codebase that is considered the "reference implementation", that group
will be targeted for infiltration and those who don't collaborate will
be at risk of blackmail/extortion.

The reason I have more trust in the Conformal group is because they were
a pre-existing team and so the chances of them being infiltrated by bad
actors is lower, especially since they don't purport to be "the" core
development team.

It's actually in the best interest of all honest contributors to Bitcoin
Core to have that project knocked down a peg, because it reduces their
personal risk profile.

That's all general though. The specific reason I don't trust Bitcoin
Core is because I've seen too many examples of alternate implementations
being blocked through action or inaction.