:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Former Skype COO- I …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Manfred Karrer
A: System undo crew
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Former Skype COO- I love this guy
you are not alone.
for me to trick out regulation is not something super revolutionary. and in the "success story" of skype i neither see any really revolutionary ideas...
to offer services for free and then later sell the users to a monster like microsoft, is nothing revolutionary at all.
if they would have built a mesh network instead docking into the telecom layer, that would have been something really new.
if they would have found a way that the actual users become the company owners/investors, that would have been something new.
to build a closed source p2p network for free telephone and video was for sure technically a challenge, but there where others which had better open and secure solutions.
they just got the mainstream and so got the big cake like facebook and then sold it to MS as cheap trojan installed on nearly every computer...

the problem is not how to deal with regulations for exchanges, the problems ARE the (centralized) exchanges.
we dont need banks storing our btc and therefore we dont need any regulation for those usecases.
we dont need a new amazon accepting bitcoin, we need a darkmarket and get rid of amazon and those monopolies...
we dont need the silicon valley VC, we need new models how we can fund our infrastructure by ourself.
we have with bitcoin all the tools, we can program money, we can use that in our infrastructure.
lets replace spotify with a bitcoin version where the musicians and the distributors get the money and not the middleman.
lets replace the cloud with DHT networks.
companies with open communities.