:: Re: [unSYSTEM] the gw of darkwallet…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Amir Taaki
Dátum:
Címzett: unsystem
Tárgy: Re: [unSYSTEM] the gw of darkwallet can cost 4.2M USD.
Follow the works of Pieter Hintjens,
http://hintjens.com/blog:27
http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#toc7
I'm a huge fan of him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_models_for_open-source_software
Blender is a very successful project considering what they do.
You can fund opensource dev, but it's important to cultivate community.
Sometimes there are mental traps that hold us all back, and you need to
think with true foresight which sometimes naysayers can doubt. During
those moments it's experience that can keep us true to our vision
unshaken, and also helps to have good people around. Trust in old
friends, work for the small guys and serve your community. It works.

For me I see the opensource revolution beginning, wikipedia, linux,
wikileaks have all done a lot already.