:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Foundation funding f…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joerg Platzer
A: System undo crew
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Foundation funding for Dark Wallet (Was: Don't mix because of taint + comments ...)
I see a few small inconsitencies there Amir, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fact: a big part of the wealth of the foundation is coming from members who joined and donated two years ago, believing that money would be spent on things that support the spirit of the protocol and of the early community around it. A lot of new money is now being poured in by people who think differently and who want it to be spent on other subjects. I am completely on your side, you only have to look up my own rantings on these topics all over the place last summer.

Now you constantly complain about on what the foundation is spending their money on but at the same time you refuse to even give it a chance to having that money sent in the direction we and the original donors would like to see these funds going. Doesn't make sense to me.

And you do complain about the list of speakers at their conference. Yet you would not speak there I guess. Neither would Cody or Antonopolous and I have to admit that I have to count myself in there, having turned down their offer to a seat on a panel there for the same reason. It only occured to me later that if alone the people named (Jaromil were you there?) would have been on there and shown where Bitcoin is coming from and where and why we think the journey should go further, this might not have been such a bad idea. They could not possibly have refused to give us the opportunity to speak out, alone because that would have finally and completely discredited them in front of the whole community and _then_ would be the time to dismiss and diss them and then your points would look so much more valid than they do now.

Another fact: there are still a lot of people in the foundation who would love to see speakers like us on their conference and who would still love to see foundation money being spent on prjects aiming at enabling people to take the control over their own business back into their own hands instead of controlling them.

Maybe we should not let these forces down but strengthen them instead (and I was really startled when someone the other day actually said to me "man, you let us down").

I am not claiming to know the final truth here and I may be proven wrong in the future but these are my thoughts on this subject right now.

++jp