:: Re: [Frei0r] spelling mistake: supr…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Sujet: Re: [Frei0r] spelling mistake: supress -> suppress
On Thu, 22 May 2014, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> fixing this makes all "text" (as in: full sentences meant for users to
> read and understand) correct English without breaking backwards
> compatibility. it also shuts up my spellchecking tests :-)
> thus i did apply the fix for the package [1], and do not expect any
> problems.

this is fine, as also pointed out by others, the strings inside
*parameter descriptions* will not affect actual use in any host
application, while correcting them will make the debian package look
better.

what should not be changed is filter names and parameter names.

> ¹ as a sidenote, it also makes me wonder, why - in a liberal community
> as i like to imagine frei0r - the masculinism hidden in that naming
> has gone unanswered for over a decade. please note that i do not want
> to criticise names like "contrastør", i like them quite a lot; i am
> merely wondering why nobody ever came up with "nervøse"...

interesting linguistic note. there is a filter in effectv by Fukuchi
Kentaro that could be ported and called this way, originally called
nervous, but quite much memory demanding.

BTW since you are a PD developer since long time, what are the wrappers
in pure-data that use frei0r? I recall there was something there. PiDiP?

ciao