:: Re: [Frei0r] frei0r debian package
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: IOhannes m zmölnig
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: frei0r
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Frei0r] frei0r debian package
On 05/20/2014 06:22 PM, Jaromil wrote:

> dear IOhannes,
>
> On Tue, 20 May 2014, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>
>> (this list has been dead for some time; let's hope it still exists)
>
> many lists on dyne.org are populated by busy people and interaction is
> project-centered, so this is a recurring situation not only here. Rest
> assured that Dyne.org infrastructure exists since 14 years now and will
> keep up for longer (and you'll be noticed of any changes).

sorry if it sounded like i was doubting the dyne.org infrastructure.
i did not.
instead i was wondering (a bit), whether the community is still alive.

in any case ignore please ignore the introductory rant ;-)

> yes. I have sent the 3rd solicitation in the last 3 years to all Debian
> developers and the previous frei0r maintaner to unlock the sad situation
> where frei0r has been stuck so far.

[...]

it's a pity.
i have not been aware of the situation, nor did i receive any emails
regarding this (at least none that i know of). i have been subscribed to
pkg-multimedia for years, but only recently (when becoming DD)
subscribed to debian-devel.

> I'm sure there is no boykotting intention really, but as of now it feels
> quite like it.

let's not get into this.

>> now, as [1] mentioned, the pkg-multimedia team of Debian at one time
>> (2012) volunteered to adopt the package, but took no further steps.
>
> yep, see above.

to be honest, my statement was not entirely true.
frei0r-1.3 had been uploaded to debian/experimental in 2012/12.
only after that, no further action was taken into account.

>> given that frei0r-1.3 has been released in march 2011, i wonder whether
>> any releases are planned any time soon.
>
> yes, 1.4 was released more recently.

yes sorry. i missed that initially (mainly because i was only looking at
the git tags, instead of searching the homepage or the list archives)

>> PS: jaromil, you had been listed as co-maintainer of the Debian frei0r
>> package; is this still valid?
>
> yes, but I have no idea what I can do with that. I've tried to upload
> the package, but I have no rights without the help of others that aren't
> helping. Meanwhile I've learned how to use dput at least with launchpad.
>
> If you like to maintain frei0r in Debian, I'd be very happy of it.
> I can easily and quickly provide you an URL where to reach the .tar.gz
> releases directly.

thanks for doing that.
is it ok if i use these URL in the debian/watch file?
this would expose the URL to the general public in a human readable
format (e.g. [1]).

i could give you access to the packaging repository (and at the same
time would like to ask to keep the upstream repository independent of
the packaging repository [2]), so you can help packaging.

so far my humble attempts are collected in [3].
i attempt to upload this to debian/experimental today.

gfmasdr
IOhannes

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/frei0r.git;a=blob;f=debian/watch

[2] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#Pristine_Upstream_Source

[3] git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-multimedia/frei0r