:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Uber threatening cus…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mats-Erik Pistol
To: System undo crew
Nuovi argomenti: [unSYSTEM] Traveling Europe, looking for people to connect with
Oggetto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Uber threatening cushty taxi drivers monopoly while they cry "who will protect the passengers!"
Thinking just a little it is also clear that the new p2p darkmarket systems
being programmed should include options for people to rent out a room,
apartment, house, parking space, car, ... putting some pressure on Airbnb.
If a common reputation system can be built it will be very costly to mount
sting attacks. It will also be very difficult to track how much a subletter
makes. The amount of cars parked and empty rooms in the world is staggering.
I see another revolution in the making.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM, <coco@???> wrote:

> a similar lawsuit has been started by spanish transport business companies
> cluster (FENE) (in march) at all posible courts recently against a thriving
> website for travel-sharing around europe, but specially for travel-sharing
> around spain. there are older ones in europe but not that much growing
> nowadays i'm quite sure..
>

> a video from one of the founders, where they say they (blablacar.es) are
> p2p website-platform....
> http://allthingsd.com/video?s=blablacar
>
> their non-free software is based in gmaps travel expenses calculator API,
> which could be the criminilaty here....
>
> btw, blablacar they are implementing an optional (still...) system where
> you put money into your blabla account via bank, pay to blablacar mediating
> for booking x travel, and blabla notifies the driver you have paid. when
> you go to travel you confirm the driver brought you at destination and they
> pay him what you gave, (after getting a small "tax" for blabla i guess, but
> i am not actually sure how much, i never did).
>
> bitcoin and blabla escrows? for this bookings operating makes sense.
>

> blablacar is growing very much and making further communiting around the
> factual sharing culture it helps creating, such as presential meetings and
> tools for drivers sharing their cars between them are too hard to achieve
> now because we have a centralized selfcentered company at the top of and in
> the middle of it.
>

> getting into more polemics for such new safer scenarios to be built, my
> bet is for travel sharing that drivers say: 'i have to go there alone or
> with people yes or yes, please dear user: pay your 20% of the petrol and
> invite me to one in the way', the slogan of our app could then be "We have
> the best drivers in" :), it looks a very cheap project to achieve for much
> quick good it could bring.. i'm up for it...
>
> perhaps a feature reducing a 30% of what gmaps says it cost is safer... i
> don't know how it calculates the travel cost in kuwait though..
>

> El 2014-05-20 01:32, Jonathan Vaage escribió:
>
>> Perhaps drivers may be more willing to accept the risk of a sting if
>> they had the opportunity to purchase a form of insurance policy that
>> covered a portion of the fines / penalties in the potentially rare
>> case of a bust. Proof-of-burn pseudonyms, customer ratings, or a
>> web-of-trust could reduce the risk of fraud and potentially the
>> premiums for policy holders.
>>
>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Mats-Erik Pistol
>> <meapistol@???> wrote:
>>
>> For me it looks like an uber-like app but without a central company
>>> would be an instant hit.
>>> Payment of the rides in cash to avoid payment tracing. A reputation
>>> system or web of trust to more or less whitelist customers to make
>>> sting operations expensive as mentioned by Ranvier.
>>> One could also envision transports being arranged this way.
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Justus Ranvier
> [...]
>>> Mats-Erik