:: Re: [unSYSTEM] amir interview
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Amir Taaki
A: unsystem
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] amir interview
in a sudden moment explosions ripple everywhere and space itself is
stretched. space darkens and cools, and from the gaps in clouds of gas,
small pinpricks of light emerge in the darkness rising from interstellar
nurseries. for billions of years, worlds emerge, and life on those
worlds. and for billions of years, stars explode wiping out nearby
worlds, expelling their contents across the universe.

it is _all_ the elements of life that are cooked in the heart of stars.
our bodies are made of star dust, cooked in those furnaces hanging in
the night sky. for when a star explodes, it scatters the basic building
blocks of across the universe. think of all the worlds and life on those
worlds that were killed by exploding stars that we could possess the
gift of life.

we arrive at a point in which a star hangs solitary, with a nearby world
silently orbiting the star. on that world, the mud begins to stir. the
molecules have learned how to copy themselves.
and then,
life explodes.
a cacophony procession of creatures emerges. life thrives, and invents
new niches, new solutions. a multitude of devastations occurs. but each
time life overcomes adversity, going on to innovate.
the life grows in many forms, and after a major extinction, a new
lifeform emerges from the shadow of their predeccessor: intelligence.

in a flash, the planet is covered with destiny altering contrivances. in
a cosmic instant, life learns about the cosmos and begins its
exploration (and exploitation) of the universe around it.
rockets are sent out in every direction to explore other worlds.

and then,
in an instant,
intelligence snuffs itself out. in a single moment of unforgiveable
neglect, they destroy the water, poison the air, succumb to fire and
harden the earth. a billions year legacy destroyed in an instant.

on other worlds, intelligence recognises their responsibility as the
custodians of the earth. takes on their role to live in sustainable
harmony with the systems they use and depend on. find ways to live
together and resolve issues.
they recognise their shared legacy and safely pass the moments of peril.

it is said that humanity is a constantly dawning awareness of ourselves
and the world around us. of how the true impact of our ethical reasons.
history can be viewed as an ever expanding circle of awareness that we
are a part of a larger group, a larger band that merely our tribe or
region. it is time that we choose our allegiance.
do we stand together? or are we content to reach upwards forever ruled
by men with small minds dangling the promise of personal profit to us.
are we to transcend fear of death, loneliness and being cast out to soar
higher and further than any thought possible? for when one individual
dives head first without regard for consequences, it inspires an
optimism for others to follow suit. slowly but surely the dream becomes
a reality.
courage is contagious.

we are all alone in this world falling and spinning through an uncaring
universe. in the face of natural disaster or the uncertainties of life,
we search and yearn for a parent, who will care for us, cherish us
through our childish mistakes.
we yearn for carers or people to seek admiration from deceiving only
ourselves.
but despite that, we are the ones who determine the significance of our
lives. we create meaning only through wisdom and courage.

now is the time to take action. the schedule for needed change is not on
the cosmic scale of centuries or epochs, but on decades and *years*.
society will require radical changes in government, industry, ethics and
economy.
we've never undertaken such a massive rethinking, and some naysayers may
sow seeds of doubt. it may be too difficult, or we are too corrupt or
perhaps we prefer to languish in ignorance.
or we may be opposed by duelling nation states, ethnic or religious
subdivision, or incompatible ideologies that cannot coexist.
or change might happen, but not the change that's needed. it might too
slow or not the right kind of change.
more than ever we need to take charge and take action.

And unless we able to realise our strength, the future slips through our
fingers cleansing us of our hope for a another tomorrow.