Til: System undo crew
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] Rethinking cryptocurrency as accountable distributed decisionmaking
>I can't think of anyway this can be done without all security being
compromised by trust in the bank as a third party though.

POS(point of sale) cash back, just like when you use a debit card at the
grocery store and you can get $20-40 cash back, give the purchaser an
option of getting fiat for bitcoin. Most of the time people only need small
(sub $200) amounts of cash, so for exchange to fiat this handles most
real-world cases that aren't speculative.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Domatron Graves <overspraye@???>wrote:

> I feel like the exchanges are and have always been the weekest link in the
> bitcoin ecosystem. Does anyone know of anyone developing ideas for a
> decentralized exchange system. Perhaps someway of automating deposits to
> bank accounts. Maybe some kind of front end client that can integrate with
> a banking website. I can't think of anyway this can be done without all
> security being compromised by trust in the bank as a third party though.

>> decision is made. This made sense in the days of horseback travel, but in a
>> post-bitcoin world this idea is preposterous. Accountability is necessary
>> all the time, and applying the metaphors and tools of Bitcoin we can
>> achieve it.
>> >>
>> > No software can solve the issue of initiating violence. This is the
>> actual problem with politics, not accountability. Direct democracy might be
>> an incremental improvement, but I'd rather flip the board rather than
>> rearranging our chess pieces. It's time to evolve.
>>
>> I agree. Using software to incrementally improve voting is putting
>> lipstick on a pig.
>>
>> Enlightenment is the recognition that voting as a mechanism is incapable
>> of conveying legitimacy (if ethics really were derived from a majority
>> consensus, then we wouldn't recognize gang rape as evil).
>>
>> The lawmaking process is not broken because of a failure in the election
>> systems - it's broken because it shouldn't exist.

Anthony D'Onofrio
iamtexture@???
501.681.3225
-
Chaos Collider - Dream. Design. Develop. Deploy.
http://www.chaoscollider.com
-
Peace.Love.Human.
http://www.peacelovehuman.org

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come
alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have
come alive." - Howard Thurman