:: [Libbitcoin] obelisk blockchain ava…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: grazcoin
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: libbitcoin
Aihe: [Libbitcoin] obelisk blockchain available for download
Hi guys,

As we all know it takes ages to download and validate the blockchain
within the obelisk.
I am trying to introduce a shortcut for fast deployment. It comes on the
expense of trust though.

Once a user is done with obelisk compilation, he can download the tar of
blockchain directory using:
zsync http://obelisk.secseq.com/obelisk_blockchain.tar.zsync

remarks:
1. current snapshot was taken at block 299838
2. http://obelisk.secseq.com and https://masterchain.info/downloads are
the same directory, only the first serves http which is needed for zsync
3. The zsync will download only the required difference if an older
snapshot exists, and will resume broken downloads.
4. signed md5sums at https://masterchain.info/downloads/MD5SUMS.asc
5. I am still not sure that the webserver is properly configured to
support zsync the best way, but hopefully it is.

My bandwidth at home is too slow to really testing it.
Anyone?

Grazcoin