:: [unSYSTEM] hilarious. [AW: OpenSSL …
Góra strony
Autor: Joerg Platzer
Dla: System undo crew
Temat: [unSYSTEM] hilarious. [AW: OpenSSL has exploit mitigation countermeasures to make sure it's exploitable.]
Just as we are talking about OpenSSL and mega stupidity here is a highlight from the cleanup at OpenBSD:

--->

Log message:
Do not feed RSA private key information to the random subsystem as
entropy. It might be fed to a pluggable random subsystem....
<---

via http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=139773689013690&w=2

"Hey guys we need some entropy to feed the random number generator!"

"Hm, wait, what have we got? Our RSA private keys should have some entropy, no?"

"Sure, great idea, I'll check it in ..."

Not sure if those guys get paid or not though. :)

++jp