:: Re: [unSYSTEM] OpenSSL has exploit …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Joerg Platzer
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] OpenSSL has exploit mitigation countermeasures to make sure it's exploitable.

Amir said --->
"when you have small overworked teams which consistently perform better
than large orgs or popular software, we can certainly say there's some
mega stupidity going on here."
<---

In psychology one differentiates between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation to work.

Intrinsic motivation is basically the joy to create something like a coder's delight when his idea and its implementation work out and his OS software is being used by lots of people who prove him right and useful. Extrinsic motivation is basically a paycheck. The former unsurprisingly delivers a much more creative and productive result than the latter.

Interestingly all intrinsic motivation gets destroyed once extrinsic motivation gets applied to a formerly intrinsically motivated worker and the quality of the work drops to the level of someone doing his job merely to pay the rent explaining the mega stupidity you are refering to.

So I guess coders who work on relly important shit shouldn't get paid ;).

++jp