:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Repos moved to /li…
Góra strony
Autor: William Swanson
Dla: Amir Taaki
CC: Libbitcoin
Temat: Re: [Libbitcoin] Repos moved to /libbitcoin/ from /spesmilo/
After a bit more discussion on IRC today, it looks like sx will stay
in the spesmillo project and live on as an independent wallet. Obelisk
will be renamed to "sx server" or such and live alongside the sx
command-line tools. Meanwhile, the client library for accessing an sx
server will be renamed "libbitcoin-server" or such and live alongside
libbitcoin.

Some context:

Amir, Eric, and I had a long in-person meeting last Saturday, in which
we talked about ways to make the project even more clean and modular
than it is now. Besides breaking libbitcoin into smaller pieces, which
has already been a todo task on the unsystem wiki for a while now, we
want to separate the sx wallet from libbitcoin itself. That way, we
slowly move towards a model where the library provides a stable API
that tools (like sx) can begin to depend on. This will also help
clarify the project branding.

Amir's repository move is part of this process.

-William