:: Re: [unSYSTEM] I'm at the Toronto e…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: n
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] I'm at the Toronto expo: unSYSTEM meetup?
Hey All unSystem crew !

Have a blast in Toronto, my hometown, wish I could be there.
I'm an expat trying to live sustainably in Ecuador.
We have a lot of bitcoiners in Vilcabamba.

Here is a commentary I posted to reddit -
I wanted to share some thoughts i felt were important to mention

re:btc sidechains

Sidechains hold much promise, granted. A main benefit of separate
competing blockchains (litecoin, Peercoin, etc) that I haven't seen
discussed much is the redundancy & security that they provide. I'm sure
most miners are trustworthy but would we really want a cryptocurrency
ecosystem built on 1 single blockchain. It's a single point of failure.
Bitcoin mining is already essentially out of the hands of the everyday
users of the bitcoin network. I would think a decentralized approach to
securing our magic internet money would be preferred.

It is possible that some nefarious entity with lots of money could
build/buy miners & come to control over 51% of the btc hashrate. If we
have a NewYorkCoin, a IndiaCoin, a Berlincoin, SouthAmericaCoin, etc,
then each can learn from the next, all are instantly & easily
exchangable with each other & any attacks on cryptocurrencies - the
people's money, would be made much much harder. I feel that Local
blockchains are very important. Failing to take oversight of our money
networks is what got us into this whole economic mess in the first
place. Are we now going to hand over this precious gift Satoshi gave us,
which is the incorruptible decentralized public ledger that each wallet
holds a copy of - Are we now going to give this over to the BFLs &
GHash.io's of the world ? Bitcoin is a great invention but it does not
negate our responsibility to take an active roll in these important
public resources. Centralized systems are too easily corrupted time &
time again. Bitcoin is our chance, let's not turn it into
BankofCentralization 2.0.

its a bit rantish, sorry
i tend to do that but I felt it important these thoughts be shared.

Thanks to you, great people, for doing what you do.
Marc