:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Julian Assange: Debi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: caedes
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] Julian Assange: Debian Is Owned By The NSA
Jaromil, you can't be serious about the dyne security...

Complaining about security and bragging when dyne.org doesn't generally
force ssl (dyne.org, git.dyne.org, ), and implements plenty of spyware
in the form of google scripts (because their cdn and stats rock so
much). :-P. That spyware is the red carpet for the "statehats", you know
it and been known for *ages*.

Regarding the article I think this is a bit of fud..., everyone taking
the opportunity to bash on legitimate efforts.

I'm also wary of how debian has been compromised in the past sometimes
due to stupid mistakes probably deniable sabotage.

But this holds true to other distros, as well. We're probably being
mostly owned *upstream* where it's more profitable (how many little
things are being found in cryptography packages lately?).

Regarding the latest ssl apocalypse, this is affecting most distros...
freebsd including. And debian squeeze "not affected", we had the
security update readily available as soon as the problem was known.

Anyways what this is telling us is: Don't trust the server, don't trust
the admins, don't trust the coders, audit the code. Extend and reinforce
the webs of trust.

Kisses!!!!!