:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Looking for somethin…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Troy Benjegerdes
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] Looking for something to do? Here are some links.
GAH, the answer seems to be 'no', as it looks like it depends on
http://bitcoinjs.org/ which doesn't actually support mining, and
has all the makings for a wonderful client-server totalitarian state.

So, I would like to contribute by launching CodeCoin-core, otherwise
known as the 'Catoshi' client, which is a fork of the full bitcoin-core
C++ code and primarily developed and tested on Catcoin, and any other
strange projects where I feel like hacking C++ code.

Codecoin-core explicity supports and encourages copycatcoins, and I
would like to see every local physical community, as well virtual
communities, such as the ones that like to post animal pictures,
to create, monetize, and use their own currency.

Codecoin core also has a fundamental religious difference from
bitcoin core. Since bitcoin is under an MIT license, and I can pretty
much do whatever I want, Codecoin-core is licensed under the AGPLv3,
to protect the freedom of it's users to BOTH make money (literally),
and freedom and encouragement to change the assumptions of how their
money supply is managed.

Another important religious difference of Codecoin is that Transparency
and accountability are primary design goals, and anonymity is deprecated.
If you want to be anonymous, run an exchange and some high-frequency
trading bots on Bitcoin. The Gods of Codecoin are quick to anger with
requests for anonymity and privacy features best left to the Bitcoin
totalitarian client-server state, and may freeze your anonymous
transactions.