:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Totalitarianism is s…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: John Hebert
To: System undo crew
Oggetto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Totalitarianism is simply the default state of the client/server model
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@???> wrote:

> Bitcoin gives the same freedom if you download the code, and hack yourself
> out an altcoin, or propose crypto-basic-income-guarantees (
> http://minco.me)

Yes, exactly, bitcoin is the base protocol and was meant to be improved.
Most people incorrectly think Bitcoin is a single application. Correcting
this will require education; I think in the sense that CJD meant.

> However, if you stick to web-wallets and half-assed discussions with
> developers with their heads so far up the money-hole they can't see
> exploits
> I can drive a couple of cryptocoin disruptive technology start-ups through,

Personally, I think for-profit only members of the Bitcoin community are
parasites and should spend more, but I won't stop them. An alt-currency
system must survive in the wild.

If you can build it yourself, that's freedom. If there's a black box that
> says 'trust me', watch out.

Absolutely. IMO, anyone who cares about freedom, privacy and security must
understand how strong encryption works. Knowing how to understand and
evaluate systems that implement strong encryption should be considered
basic literacy.

Re: [unSYSTEM] Totalitarianism is simply the default state of the
client/server model
*When*
Tue, March 25, 09:00 – 10:00 GMT-07:00
*Who*

John Hebert

System undo crew

> Now if only we could educate more people on the value of text-only email
> clients and how to speak SMTP.

I thought I had a keen sense and appreciation of sarcasm. SMTP? Please
clarify. :)