:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Totalitarianism is s…
Top Pagina
Auteur: jindq1
Aan: System undo crew
Onderwerp: Re: [unSYSTEM] Totalitarianism is simply the default state of the client/server model
Unadulterated freedom for self is absolute danger to others. Instead of
trying to teach freedom (which comes naturally in life), try teaching
responsibility, something libertarians, anarchists, and bitcoiners all seem
to lack ("Oh I broke that? Not my problem, let the free market fix it." "Oh
my released code contained the password that enabled people to steal money
that wasn't theirs? Whatever, they're rich and can afford it" "Oh my system
people trusted in failed and everyone lost their money? Whatever,
anarchy!!!11").

Hate to bring a fictional comic character into this (although it's fitting
since everyone here is pretty much a nerd) but with great freedom comes
great power, and with great power comes great responsibility. A major
problem I've noticed isn't a lack of freedom (just because your government
writes a law against you doesn't mean *you're* not free, you can leave.
Unless you're North Korean. I'm American and haven't touched America in 10
years), it's a lack of adequate responsibility, like how it's okay to
report that you "found Satoshi", or to spy on people because "NSA".
Responsibility. Freedom is for flies, freedom to annoy and ransack, to
attack and run away without repercussions.

Back to the blind money reference, even if you get all the freedom in the
universe, if you wasted your life being nonconstructive and not helping
mankind in any shape or form, you're a true blind monkey. If all you did
was post in an email list and wait for extremists to write code for you,
you're the blind monkey. Anyway, it's not healthy to be obsessed with
freedom because it tends to make you unnecessarily paranoid and forget the
freedoms that are right in front of you. Anyone who hasn't watched
Idiocracy, please do-- that's what will happen with "total freedom",
freedom to waste people's time, freedom to spread ignorance, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like the way some anarchists and libertards here talk
because it reminds me that we can in fact move *past* the ideas of the men
alive today and build for tomorrow *despite* them. I agree with that and
will be dedicating my life to mankind (not the one alive right now) being
bettered by something I do, even if ever so slightly. I'm not interested in
waging wars against a living government now anymore than I am interested in
going back in time and freeing the slaves a week sooner. Let idiots fight
idiots. Mankind has to deal with its own plights, we are artists who cannot
be brought down by emotional bullshit. Yes, there are liars in the senate
and they are actively trying to take more power in a make believe system.
Ohnoes!1 There's also a gun store next to your house. Do something about
it, pussy. We are technologists who need to focus on the future. I agree to
give up on the peace corp rhetoric and just build so that the new systems
will adopt (or not, who cares, let them burn in 50 years). When someone
comes asking why it was built, you can merely respond "because it seems to
make better sense". You don't need to try and sell them volume 6 of the
obscure cryptoanarchist journal e-book, nor does everyone in the world need
bitcoin in order to function freely. You can function in a communist regime
that uses fiat currency and has slavery. You can also function in North
Korea, writing a bitcoin client for dear leader. No one is stopping you
from building or being useful, and everything that is made is eventually
recognized. I argue that any "urgency" is due to selfish interests. The
world isn't any "worse" or "better" than it ever was, and as always, when
things get too difficult to handle, there is an uprising, things reset.
Maybe you should be working on your marksmanship as much as your code.

</end rant>

I'm gonna go hug a tree now.