:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
Página Inicial
Autor: Robert Jakob
Para: System undo crew
Assunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Cody Wilson
Amir,

You gave me quite a bit of homework. Sounds like we're pretty mush on the
same page. I've been thinking a lot about the monarchy vs modern american
democracy since we started talking about this and you're right that the
dichotomy is too simplistic. There isn't a clear better or worse, right or
wrong, there really is no lesser of two evils. In fact, I think the US
government is just the corporatization of the monarchy. It's quite genius
from their perspective, because Bush can start a war then Obama can come in
and say, "OK, things are going to be different. Don't blame me for the
last presidents policies." He says, "Give me time, I'll fix the economy,
close Guantanamo, end the wars, bring the troops home, etc..." He wins a
Nobel prize for his progressive ideas. So time passes, things calm down,
people are no longer organized, and you see the new guy's policies are just
as bad and in most cases worse than the previous president. Now six years
have gone by and all we can do is hope the next one will be better. And so
goes the cycle. Of course, Hilary Clinton will probably win the next
election and we'll be just as disappointed. Which is what happens with
monarchies, but this is on a much smaller time frame. So you're probably
right about starting a new community altogether.

You weren't kidding when you said this is for me. I would definitely be
willing to help. If I may suggest a few places also, northern Oregon and
the big island of Hawaii would be perfect places. They both have pretty
cheap land, great climate, very rich soil, and plenty of rain. I have
thought a lot about geodesic dome structures for housing and aquaponic
gardens for agriculture. You can do a mix of hydroponic, aquaponic, and
traditional farming to ensure you're not vulnerable to drastic changes in
climate and mineral deficiencies in the soil. The biggest factor would be
the local government. If you make everything open source you might invite
conflicts with big governments and corporations. If you're wanting to
remain local and quiet like a commune, there probably won't be an issue.
Oregon and Hawaii would also be great because you can use solar for
electricity and filter the rain water for all plumbing. I could go on and
on...

I would like to get more involved and I would be much better suited for
manual labor than academia. Who can I talk to about helping with
development and brainstorming ideas?

-Robert