:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Obelisk crypto sup…
Página Principal
Autor: Amir Taaki
Para: libbitcoin
Assunto: Re: [Libbitcoin] Obelisk crypto support
Well being able to issue keys is an important mechanism to prevent
starvation attacks. The idea is that you issue keys and provide the
Obelisk servers as a service. If someone abuses their access, you revoke
their keys and they can't keep creating more.

The other case is where you use Obelisk as a backend for your website.
Maybe it runs on a different box. You whitelist the IP address you
access it from and setup a keypair between client and server which
doesn't allow access from other hosts or IP addresses.

But if you just want a public Obelisk server where clients create a new
keypair each time they access the server, then just configure Obelisk to
accept any public key and you're good to go.

Comment this line and all client pubkeys will be accepted:

https://github.com/spesmilo/obelisk/blob/master/src/worker/worker.cfg#L31

About discovering server keys and servers in general, we need to develop
something. I think it's better to wait and think something through. My
proposal is a special daemon (maybe part of Obelisk) which servers can
register themselves with, register which methods they implement and the
documentation for those methods (allowing remote introspection by client
developers). This would allow discovery and all kinds of nice stuff.