:: Re: [Bricolabs] I Festival TECHNOSH…
Top Pagina
Auteur: fabi borges
Aan: Bricolabs
Onderwerp: Re: [Bricolabs] I Festival TECHNOSHAMANISM
Exactly. I think your event is very fascinating because I've been
involved in a lot of progressive movement and am frequently annoyed by a
very evolutionary view of history which reduces all religious experience
to superstition; often by people oblivious to the fact that by doing so,
they're writing off 99% of human history & behaving like a form of
cultural imperialists; the secular scientific worldview which was mainly
developed during the 20th century is very valuable and has, among other
things, given us digital technology itself, but it has also undermined
the epistemological "monism" behind Marx' thesis of religion as opium
for the masses.

I agree with you... I think this progressives movement have lots of good
intention,
but they repeat the structure of evolution and development with huge
prejudice!

We need more magic, our imagination is atrophied. We constantly deny the
subjectivity of things, matter, elements, as if only we have some
intelligence. This leaves us poorer in spirit and more submissive to
control systems. In the end animism had something to teach us. Things think
and negotiate. If anthropocene is a reality, we still need to ally
ourselves to those who resist it, those who love the forests, the rivers,
and relate in a different way with these living materials. Point of views
in dispute.

Anyway, this event sounds really fascinating, and if I could afford the
trip, I'd definitely go.

We have a permaculture residence after the festival in the Itapeco place,
so if you want to stay a bit more,
you could stay there, doing some permaculture stuff.

yes, came!!

:-)