:: [unSYSTEM] [Some problem with Dark …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Odinn Cyberguerrilla
À: unsystem
Sujet: [unSYSTEM] [Some problem with Dark Wallet mailing list, posted here for review]
Hello, I posted the following message to your other (newer) mailing list
which is Dark Wallet specific. Please let me know if it came through to
that mailing list, though I did send it to the new list I think it may not
have arrived there, but in any event, please let me know if possible. If
it is simpler for you simply to push this over to Dark Wallet mailing list
after checking, great, and thank you for your help with this process.

Respect,

-Odinn

discussion, or if I should open an issue on github (please point me to
appropriate place), etc. At this point, exploring the idea of possible
integration of a 'giving feature' that might be directly available, either
in Dark Wallet itself or in something which would be a fork of Dark
Wallet.

The simple interface of Darkwallet is something that sits in your browser
in which you would enter an amount and click to send. Imagine however if
in the background of this:

Someone (let's say Janet) could configure her wallet to allow
microdonations in the background to occur (as part of any transaction she
specifies, or just ones over a certain amount) to: her ailing brother Bob
(0.002 BTC), a local nonprofit that she really likes (0.0015 BTC), and a
local fund to support expansion of facilities for a farmers' market
(0.0001 BTC). Janet sets this up - she decided how much and to whom. Since
each of these (individuals / organizations) have bitcoin addresses in this
hypothetical example, and since Janet is doing pretty well, she's
configured her microdonations to occur as an aspect of every purchase she
makes, but she can cancel or change this at any time by changing her
wallet settings. So as to prevent bitdust generation, the tech being
described here will
reserve and aggregate certain microdonations in a donation “wallet within
the wallet” that Janet can inspect at any time, to broadcast when it is
viable to do so or prompt Janet for manual if needed.

Re-envisioning what a "purchase" or a "transaction" means, this is not
another tipping or busking proposal but rather is a way of removing the
mental frame that is customarily set around such notions as "transaction,"
"donation," "purchase," etc. It also may cause people to be confronted
(to a greater degree) with their own decisions or lack thereof in a purely
voluntary context.

Here is the raw proposal on Gist:
https://gist.github.com/ABISprotocol/8515891

The website (currently points to indiegogo crowdfunder): http://abis.io

Citizens' Gallery: http://www.thegrommet.com/citizens-gallery/id/8060/

Current progress of http://abis.io --

We've been sought after / approached by various interested parties. A few
- seems to keep growing, included a financial innovation hub in North
Carolina; additionally, a global company, which took notice of the
project, has invited me to speak at an event in June titled 'Bitcoin
Technology: The Future of Crypto Currency' in San Jose, California; and
we were recently approached by the Plug and Play Tech Center (see in
particular the Bitcoin Accelerator) in Sunnyvale (where I appeared
recently to pitch the project), and these are a few examples only - there
are more!

-Odinn
http://abis.io

p.s. A colleague of mine has been seeking to do some programming,
blogging, and more in the Calafou, I understand arrangements and
agreements are necessary to be made with calafou@???
prior to visit, but apart from that: If there's any chance that she would
be able to connect with you there also in the near future (month? two
months? other time?), please contact me (xmpp) at: ABISprotocol@???
to discuss further (via Pidgin OTR or Adium), however, not by e-mail.
Thanks in advance for any help there.