:: Re: [unSYSTEM] BANK RUN! - P2P Fiat…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Manfred Karrer
À: System undo crew
Sujet: Re: [unSYSTEM] BANK RUN! - P2P Fiat-Bitcoin Exchange
Thanks Adam for the detailed information!

One response to the point of criminals (stolen bank accounts):
Any online service which deals with money is confrontated with that problem (Ebay, localbitcoin,…).
So that cannot be prevented completey (also not with KYC).
But a very natural protection against that is to use small trading volumes and to be careful.
The criminal want to cash out from his stolen bank account in one big tx, as the risks with every bank tx that it gets closed. So he will not be interested in small trades with a few 100 EUR.
There will be also some support for reputation systems or something similar.
It is still not clear what we will use, but the most simple could be that the traders exchange some evidence of their real life ID before doing risky trades (higher volumes).
They could meet on skype and make a video session to show each other a document, or exchange facebook/twitter/g+ accounts and prove that they are the owner of that account.
BTW: that could be used for proof of bank tx as well (to use in a skype video session a manipulated online-banking session is way too much effort to be practical).

One point to emphasis is that the privacy between the traders is broken. With the fiat exchange you have to know at least the receivers ID (with mail address).
If a trader wants to stay anonymous (use PO Box or number bank accounts) you need to take additional care to be sure to trade with a honest and non criminal trader.
I am not sure how the legal situation is her if you accept a trade with a complete anonymous person without checking any evidence about his identity and the source of the money?
I could imagine that this could cause some troubles.

Also it will be recommended to not use the primary bank account for trades, as a blocking of that would cause much more problems. There are many possibilities to create easily a new Bank account (mostly free like OKPay, etc…).
One open problem is how to prove that you are not involved with a crime in cases the other peer is a criminal. To use a legal contract in the trade which is signed by both via the deposit tx and encoded in the blockchain, could help, but its not sure yet if that would be enough and if it would be accepted by a court. Also to introduce a dependency to a external system (law) is not intended, but may be necessary for such cases.
Any ideas how to solve that are welcome. I am not expert in legal issues at all…

br,
Manfred