著者: Manfred Karrer
To: System undo crew
題目: Re: [unSYSTEM] Ethereum Meetup Barcelona
Yes I understand your scepticism, specially after all that hype with crypo 2.0 projects which raised a lot of money even if they did not have anything working… smelled always a bit like ponzi, or at least not very responsible attitude…

The main reason why I see Ethereum different is because of Vitalik Buterin.
He is a very special and very smart person with really high reputation. I simply trust him.
The goal of the project is pretty high (use a turing complete script language - Satoshi was not willing to take that risk) and I would not trust other random devs to get that really going.

But best is for sure to read as much of the information out there (and dont get disturbed by bitcointalk/reddit noise).
To invest in such projects is for sure high risk, but the project itself has so much other interesting potentials, that talking too much about the IPO/investment is kind of boring. People who want to invest need to inform themself well.
Others should see it as a project which could cause a lot of change.
Specially in the political and social sense it could bring us a new culture of decentralisation (decentralized, dropbox, facebook, liquid democracy, voting systems, reputation systems, DAO, ….).
Ethereum will not be used as money in the first place but rather serves as the operating system where apps or other crypto currencies/financial products will be executed.

br,
manfred