:: Re: [Bricolabs] bricos input desire…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vanessa Gocksch
A: Bricolabs
Asunto: Re: [Bricolabs] bricos input desired...tribes, green technologies, communities, solutions and self determination
Hellooooooo.........

Also a bit detached from Bricolabs as of late...Nice imput Rob....( but i
dont understand why its so strange 11 women would get pregnant at the same
time??, its pretty common in my town)

Vicky....Here in Colombia / Latin America there is everyday more events /
encounters where "the elders" and young people are coming together to
exchange knowledge, unite " to fight the powers that be", integrate their
very diferent skills to make posssible events etc...

Here are some examples:
------------
Here is a reverse example:

The mayor of Bogota (capital of Colombia) Petro was destituted illegaly in
December 13, which caused the population of Bogota to rise up and defend
Petro's right to his office, they were supported by a large group of
indigenous Nasa people which marched from the Cauca region to accompany and
help support the general strike in the capitol; the support of the
indigenous people was key because they have long experience in marching etc
and have developed tactics to not let the anti protest police break up
their marches etc..
--------------

Here a nice encounter that took place last month in Colombia, bringing
together farmers, indigenous people, young techies:

http://minkalab.org/

-----------------
Also, a nice movement started by one of Colombia's rock "star" Hector
Buitrago, CANTO AL AGUA; which is a series of reunions all over the place
to " sing to water" ( a specific mantra) so that water of the world may
heal...
I really love it because its an initiative stemming from the alternative
Bogota scene but which involves alot of knowledge acquiered through study
of diferent spiritual traditions and participation in many yage
ceremonies....
http://www.cantoalagua.com/

-----------------

And a big percentage of the grafiti artists in Bogota seem to have the
spirit of mother earth, the force of the jaguar, the message of the
anscestors, the essence of psicedelic medicines as their main inspiration,
the jungle has invaded the streets of Bogota!!!!:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bulkar/

http://www.stink.tk/

https://www.google.com.co/search?q=graffiti+26+Bogota&client=firefox-a&hs=a4S&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0ddOUtzOCoXY9ATMmIDIDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1076&bih=861&dpr=1#q=graffiti++Bogota&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&imgdii=_
------------------

As far as the elders, the eagle and the condor...I dont know...I think you
have to take it all with a grain of salt...I live in Colombia, but Im
definetly not in the land of the condor, id say im in the land of the
Jaguar...or the humming bird...or the mackaw....
Also sometimes " the elders" end up as just more guilds of
patriarchs.....so its important to not be too idealistic about the whole
thing....Sometimes..."the elders" are not so open to young people which are
not indigenous wanting to take part at a spiritual level, they can be
pretty jealous and end up stopping very innovative processes which
integrate the milinary with new ideas....
When this happens its hard to do anything because, since " they are the
elders" I find it very hard to question their decisions....
So hopefully finding spaces for this to start happening is key, as I agree
with Rob, that we cannot "go back", especially considering how much
knowledge indigenous people have lost ...the key is hopefully to try and
salvage the best from both worlds (or the hundred worlds) and propose
forge that "new world" we all dream of...

with that said....we have a land called " El Ensueño" (the dream spell) in
the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, inside Kogi territory and the idea is for
this place to be a lab for exactly just this process I have mentioned, we
dont have much info online yet, especially not in english...here are a few
fotos:
http://intermundos.org/residencias/recursos/
lastest activities:
http://intermundos.org/residencias/blog/